October was busy but there were some posts!! Yay! How was your Halloween? I got my parent to marathon Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow and Corpse Bride after the kids finished (we only had 18 come to the house which made me sad until I had the most adorable dragon quietly roar at the door.) As for around here…it wasn’t as forgotten! A grand total of 5 posts *double face palm* posted. Ugh. But there is always another month!
10 Characters I could use in the Future My future fur and scale babies are going to have glorious names! My future humans too.
Weekend Coffee Share
Cat Ears and Jack Skellington Onsies! Where it is all quiet in the house and my GIF are refusing to work but I enjoyed my Hot Apple Cider regardless (although it was quite lonely).
Waiting on Wednesday
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard I love me some good retellings!
Glitter by Aprilynne Pike I am looking forward to joining a morally ambiguous woman in her quest for freedom! I highly recommend reading, and joining in on the discussion, Emily @ MidWesternBookNerd’s author interview with Aprilynne Pike.
Fall Reading Break While I didn’t get a chance to finish any of the books during my reading break I still have the ones from the library so they are slowly being read.
Alas while no reviews happened, though one is in progress I swear, I think I may just do a quick and dirty of the books that I did read (so I can finally take them off my goodreads) otherwise they will go unreviewed till…the new year! Trust me. It will probably happen.
Meanwhile I did read a couple books…cozy mysteries that had a surprising Halloween theme to most of them…
Death Swatch by Laura Childs
Ming Tea Murder by Laura Childs
Oolong Dead by Laura Childs
Fatal Reservations by Lucy Berdette
The Cat Sitter’s Whiskers by Blaize and John Clement
I actually took the leap to start listening to an audiobook! Yes I shocked myself too. I did this purely because I really don’t want anymore damaged books while on the bus (honestly people are so rude) so I downloaded the overdrive app on my phone.
Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger
I haven’t finished it but I am about to download it again so I can continue listening. Are there any books that I should be listening on audio? Do you need someone to fangirl with? Let me know!
I have also started reading two manga through online English translated ones. By no means am I even close to being done either one of them!
My heart gets flutters just thinking about them and all I want to do is yell, “Give me, give me, give me!” while flailing wildly. My only disappointment so far is that they are not available to buy in Canada while translated into English so for now I will be reading them online.
October Life Moments
- I am back to training for winter practice with rowing finally!!! OH MY GOD I MISSED IT!
- I ate my way through a large bag of Maynards Sour Cherry Blasters but you probably didn’t need to know that…*cough* I love them though *cough*
- That cyst on my back? Fucking thing is huge…fucking thing will be getting removed. Except now I got a CAT scan coming up soon!
New for November!
- I am not sure if I am going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year! There are three essays for me during November and one in December thanks to my professors. Though I might squeeze some words in before bed. Are you guys going to be doing NaNoWriMo or not? If yes, what are you writing about?
- Who is taking part in either Broke and the Bookish’s Secret Santa or Marie’s Souveiners from Across the World (otherwise known as SFATW)? I am highly debating on both because I think it would be fun! I know that deadlines are closing in soon so if you do choose to take part check out those links!
- New posts. I have post it notes scrawling with ideas! Where I will find time for them though? #exhausteduniversitystudentwhohatescoffee
I am going to try to get my future posts up earlier in the day, hello scheduling tool it is very nice to meet you, so that I am not exhausted trying to write them said night. Which is kinda what is happening recently! Please don’t let that stop you from reading it though!